The 'NUTT' Endurance Challenge is our Ultra Race from the Harrisonburg, VA area. We couple the ultra with a 25k and a 5k race to include all running abilities. The route of each race is on the Mountain Bike Trails built by the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition. We have changed the route of the course this year. This year the route will be a figure "8" that is very close to 10k in distance. The start and finish of all races will be at the pinch point of the "8". We will also set up a fully stocked aid station at that point. Both loops of the "8" are about 5k. Runners are welcome to leave their well identified drop bags in the aid station area.
Run the trails less travelled.
Run the trails less travelled.
Profile of one loop - 10k
To the left is the course route. The 50k will do 5 loops, the 25k will do 2 1/2 loops. The 5k will do the loop that goes up towards the pond.
The 'NUTT' Endurance Challenge 03.24.2018
- PARKING- There will be plenty of parking in a field off of Happy Valley Road.
- EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE- March 20, 2017. Race day registration is available one hour before the race.
- T-SHIRTS- Race t-shirts will be guarenteed to all that Register prior to March 15.
- DOGS - No dogs will be allowed on the course.
- RAIN DATE- It is a trail run. We will run in the rain. We will cancel in the event of lightning.
Packet Pick Up - Friday, March 23 at Brother's Craft Brewery on 800 N Main Street in Harrisonburg, VA 22802. From 6:30 - 8:00pm we will also have a pre-race dinner wiht presentations addressing self-care, tick awareness, injury prevention/improved running form, and recovery methods from professionals in the wellness community.
The pre-race dinner can be purchase on the UltraSignUp web page.
Race Day Registration and Sign in - 6:00 a.m. till 30 mins. prior to start time.
25k Start Time - 8:15 a.m.
5K Start Time - 8:30 a.m.
- REVIEW OF THE COURSE- The trails are on the property of Massanutten Resort. The trails are built and maintained by the Shenandoah Bicycle Coalition. If you hold a Trail Pass issued by the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition, you have access to all the trails and can review the course. Short term passes as well as Yearly passes are available through the SVBC website. If you don't have a pass you will be tresspassing.
- AWARDS- We will give awards to the top three finishers Male/Female in each race.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS - Minimum age is 16 years of age. Those under 18 years of age must have parental permission.
- AFTER RACE MEAL - We will have an post race meal.
- TIMING - This race will be timed.
OTHER QUESTIONS - Please contact me at
These are the people that help make this happen:
This race would not be possible without these two organizations. Massanutten Resort owns the property that these trails are built on. The Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition is the driving force behind the construction and development of these trails. We encourage you to support these two groups. Visit the Massanutten Resort. Join the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition, support their efforts and volunteer to help maintain the existing trails and develop new trails. Click on the images above for more information.
Blacks Paint and Floor Covering
First Choice Contractors
Wease Auto Exchange
Glass & Metals
Three Notch'd Brewery
These events support:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Harrisonburg and Rockingham Co.
We have plans to have plans to host a duatholon, run+bike+run in the fall. Stay tune for more details. An 10ACIOUS will also return this fall.
Dedicated to Trail Running in the Shenandoah Valley
Our first race was October, 2016 on the Slopes of Western Massanutten. We had over 40 runners participate.
The Mountain Moonlight Run will be held on Saturday, May 12, 2018. It will be as a 5.5 mile run on the Western Slope. The course will be marked with reflectors. All runners will be required to wear a head lamp. Registriation for the race is now open.
Run the Mountain, LLC