The "10ACIOUS" race along with a shorter 5k race and kids fun run will be held on the Western Slopes of Massanutten Mountain. The route each race is on the Mountain Bike Trails by the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition. The 10 mile course will take a route to the ridge of the Massanutten Mountain. This years route will introduce new trails that were not run in our previous races. There is an elevation gain of more than 2,000 feet. The majority of the route will be on bike trail, with the start of the race and a section near the finish being on service road. The 5 k race will be about 10 percent service road, and the balance is bike trails. The 5k course has an elevation gain of a little more than 500 feet. The start/finish of each race will be near the parking lot. There will be no aid stations on the course, so runners should carry all hydration with them. A fully stocked aid station will be at the start/finish line.
Run the trails less travelled.
Run the trails less travelled.
Map to be loaded to website soon.
10 Mile Course
- PARKING- There will be plenty of parking in a field off of Happy Valley Road.
- EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE- March 20, 2017. Race day registration is available before 8:00 a.m.
- T-SHIRTS- Race t-shirts will be guarenteed to all that Register prior to March 20.
- DOGS - No dogs will be allowed on the course.
- RAIN DATE- It is a trail run. We will run in the rain. We will cancel in the event of lightning.
Packet Pick Up - Saturday, November 11th at Three Notch'd Brewery
241E. Market St. Harrisonburg, VA from 7:30 p.m. till 9:00 p.m.
Race Day Registration and Sign in - 7:00 a.m. till 30 mins. prior to start time.
Kids race Start Time - 8:00 a.m.
10 mile Start Time - 8:30 a.m.
5K Start Time - 8:30 a.m.
- REVIEW OF THE COURSE- The trails are on the property of Massanutten Resort. The trails are built and maintained by the Shenandoah Bicycle Coalition. If you hold a Trail Pass issued by the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition, you have access to all the trails and can review the course. Short term passes as well as Yearly passes are available through the SVBC website. If you don't have a pass you will be tresspassing.
- AWARDS- We will give awards to the top three finishers Male/Female in each race.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS - Minimum age is 16 years of age. Those under 18 years of age must have parental permission.
- AFTER RACE MEAL - We will have an post race meal.
- TIMING - This race will be timed.
OTHER QUESTIONS - Please contact me at
These are the people that help make this happen:
This race would not be possible without these two organizations. Massanutten Resort owns the property that these trails are built on. The Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition is the driving force behind the construction and development of these trails. We encourage you to support these two groups. Visit the Massanutten Resort. Join the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition, support their efforts and volunteer to help maintain the existing trails and develop new trails. Click on the images above for more information.
Blacks Paint and Floor Covering
First Choice Contractors
Wease Auto Exchange
Glass & Metals
Three Notch'd Brewery
These events support:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Harrisonburg and Rockingham Co.
We have plans to have a run on April 21, 2017. Details of the run are in the works. The Moonlight Run was met with great results we are going to do another one in May 2017. Stay tuned for more details.
Dedicated to Trail Running in the Shenandoah Valley
Our first race was October, 2016 on the Slopes of Western Massanutten. We had over 40 runners participate.
Our second race was April of this year. It was a 5.8 mile Moonlight Run on the Western Slope. The course was marked glow sticks, and the runners were cheered as they ran through a Boy Scout Encampment not far from the finish.
Run the Mountain, LLC